Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Girl With the Giraffe

 I was inspired by a trip my wife and I took to the San Diego Wild Animal Park when we lived in San Diego.  They have an area where you an feed the giraffes.  I was also thinking of a Scripture from Genesis 1:28 "Further, God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”"  With those inspirations I thought that a little girl being able to feed a giraffe an apple as part of her day, seemed like paradise.

I painted this painting years before I had a daughter.  One of my daughter favorite animals if the giraffe, or "raffe", as she calls them.  My favorite part of this painting is the Girls shoes, and the sky. 


1 comment:

  1. I like the back round and I really like the way the giraffe and the little girl stand out.

    ReplyDelete